Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:50:38 +0000

At 12:19 22/02/00 GMT, you wrote:
>better than anybody else's and delights in making sure that you know
that he
>has installed a seperate mains power spur just for the HiFi,

(All the way from his own private power station, I trust... on twisted
oxygen-free balanced cables with gold plated fuses?).  And please tell me
he doesn't then use BS1363 mains sockets to connect it all up...

Haven't you explained to him yet that everything he hears passes through a
number of sets of metal sheets with plastic in between (ie capacitors?)

> and that his
>kit is never turned off so it it is always maintained at the right
>temperature and so on... (makes you sick doesn't it!!)....

Probably has directional cables too <giggle>.  And of course this is
all in
an acoustically corrected room...

It usually makes me smile, not sick... after about 10-15 yrs in pro audio,
I just can't help winding them up :-) Send him here when you've finished,
and I'll sell him a green marker pen for the edge of his CDs... and maybe a
brush to wipe the free electrons off his cables.

Nigel

Want to help promote education? Help kids learn to read? AND earn
extra income? Join our affiliate program for the successful Hooked
on Phonics product and you will do all three!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1633/3/_/2065/_/951223860/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1