Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:58:02 GMT

>The only quandary I'm in is which mpeg encoder to use.  I been using
Xing,
>but I get the feeling from the mpeg community that this isn't the best.
>don't want to encode 600 CDs and then find they're all rubbish!

Andy, Fear not,

I have been using the Xing encoder for about a year now, and have encoded
about 240 CD's with it, and I am perfectly happy with the result.

I'm not a Hi-Fi bore, but I do have half-decent Kit, (Sony Amp, Mission
speakers, Qudos speaker cable, IXOS interconnects), and to my ears the
resultant MP3 is perfectly acceptable, and I haven't even used a
particularly high bitrate. (I used 128K, although I've seen a few
recommendations to use 160K).

Your ears may be more sensitive than mine, - although I can tell the
difference between "good" and "crap", there comes a
point where I can no
longer discern any difference between "good" and
"gooder" ?! and although
the differences are just about audible, the file size trade-off comes into
the equation as well, (as does the rip speed - I spent a solid month
ripping
my CD's when I first started...)

It comes down to how you intend to listen to them I suppose - I just use my
jukebox for casual listening, backround music, parties, entertaining etc.
etc. etc.

Just my 2p-worth....

Paul G.

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as
0.0% Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no
hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
you deserve!  Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/966/3/_/2065/_/951173898/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1