Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player
  • From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <AndyB@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:24:12 -0000

You can't order one of these on their web site unless you are in the US or
Canada - don't ask, don't know!

I haven't tried it through my hi-fi yet, but will try to at the weekend.  I
currently have two Sony CD changers line-outs going into a soundblaster
line-in (for volume control more than anything) which sounds fine.  I'm not
sure at the moment if I'll do the same with the LP3 or plumb it directly
into the hi-fi.  The LP3 has its own volume control so the SB would be
pretty much redundant.

The only quandary I'm in is which mpeg encoder to use.  I been using Xing,
but I get the feeling from the mpeg community that this isn't the best.  I
don't want to encode 600 CDs and then find they're all rubbish!

Andy

circumstances? -