LP3 hardware Mpeg player

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: LP3 hardware Mpeg player
  • From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <AndyB@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:02:55 -0000

Well, I've been lucky enough to secure two of these babies (they are not
shipping to the UK, but I went to a wedding in NY last week and got my mate
to order me two).

Go to http://lp3music.com for more info.

It comes in the form of a dongle which plugs into your parallel port.  It
has three plugs on it, one for power (separate 9v supply needed), one for
headphones and one for line out.  It comes supplied with a power supply
although this obviously had to go straight in the bin as it was 110v.  It
also comes with a lead that allows you to connect the line out with the
line-in on your sound card.

There are drivers for Linux (which I don't have) and Windows.  The Windows
drivers come in the form of a WinAmp plug-in and exposes itself as an Input
driver.  They've published the interface specification, but I'm buggered if
I can work it out!  It's a bit too low level for me.  The folks at lp3Music
tell me they are in the process of developing a DLL which is what I'm
waiting for (I've volunteered to be a beta tester, but no luck so far!).

I've been toying with mpeg playback on my PC for a couple of months now and
although my pc isn't completely underpowered (333Mhz + 96Mb RAM), it used
skip and jutter all over the place.  The LP3 removes all the playback
processing to the unit itself and I'm yet to experience any drop outs at
all.

I'll keep you posted on further developments.

Andy

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/913/3/_/2065/_/951145416/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications