Re: powermid - reliability

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: powermid - reliability
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 08:49:39 GMT

If its _JUST_ for the Sky Digibox, you could use the Sky TV-LINK kit, which
was discussed here a couple of weeks ago. I've been using one of these for
about a month now, and I'm very pleased with it. It has worked flawlessly.
-
If you need multiple remote locations to control the digibox, buy 1 TV-Link
kit for each location, but be sure to get a UHF amplifier from the same
company that makes the TV-Link, as others don't pass the IR control signal.
The TV-Link kit costs around £30 and includes an original sky digital
remote
handset, so I reckon its not too bad value....

I turned to this after trying a couple of the common IR "blaster"
style
repeaters (though not specifically the powermid), none of which were
reliable in operation.

Paul G.

>From: sdickson@xxxxxxx
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] powermid - reliability
>Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 02:00:33 -0800
>

>What's the general view of the powermid system?  I need a cheap and
>cheerful solution to relaying IR from around the house to the Sky
>Digibox.  I intend to move house later this year therefore don't want
>to invest too much time or effort into a proper hardwired solution yet.
>
>Does the Powermid system work anyway close to being reliable?  I seem
>to remember a bit of bad press on some of the newsgroups a while back,
>is this still valid? Anyone got any personal experience?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rgds, Steve

>What’s better than getting a Great Deal?
>Getting a Great Deal delivered right to your email in-box!
>
>eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
>http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications

Join eLerts to Save!