LD11

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: LD11
  • From: "Vince Goddard" <mdsupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:11:15 -0000

Ian & Mark,

I purchased a LD11 and a AD10 from IntelliHome (www.intellihome.be)
which came to 98,25 Euro (£60.27) including shipping. I ordered the
items on a Thursday @ 11PM and received them Monday @ 8:30AM. Also the
current price for a LD10 and AD10 including shipping in the UK is
approx £75.

Features
First European product with "windowed AGC for improved PLC reliability
in adverse environments.
Designed to operate with 230V and 12V lighting including halogen.
Remembers its light level for smooth dimming and brightening.
Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD "X10" and programmable
start
and stop rates with PROFESSIONAL "X10" protocol (can change the
room
lighting instantly or progressively).

Tests
(Performed so far using a PC running HomeSeer & CM12)

1) LD11 configured in HomeSeer with normal DIM settings.
OFF to ON - brightens progressively to full
ON to 50% - dims progressively to 50%
50% to 90% - brightens progressively to full then to 90%
90% to OFF - dims progressively to off
OFF to ON - brightens progressively to full then to 90% (remembers dim
level before OFF)
90% to OFF - dims progressively to off
OFF to 100% - instantly turns on to 100%

2) LD11 configured in HomeSeer with Leviton DIM settings.
OFF to ON - brightens progressively to full
ON to 50% - dims progressively to 50%
50% to 90% - brightens progressively to 90%
90% to OFF - dims progressively to off
OFF to ON - brightens progressively to 90% (remembers dim level before
OFF)
90% to OFF - dims progressively to off
OFF to 100% - instantly turns on to 100%

Conclusion
So by using the Leviton DIM settings the LD11 will go from one level
to another level without having to go to full first. These level
changes are all progressively and the only instant level change I've
managed is from OFF to 100% by send 100% dim instead of a ON. The LD11
external is identical to the LD10 so is easy to them mix up and use the
wrong one.

Vince

PS. I'll try the above test using the Ocelot and let you know.