Re: Farenheight 451

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Farenheight 451
  • From: "Ian Wright" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:12:57 -0000

Need to remember though that the will be only heat on one surface so
similar
to a bimetallic strip the wood will expand on one side only so causing the
buckle.  Kiln dried will be as dry as you can get.

It must work as alot of TV systems were built into wooden boxes before
plastic came out.  We are not talking red hot machines here.

And then follow Paul's advice when stroing it before the build.

Ian

> >Andy
> >

> Stack the wood FLAT in the conditions in which it going to be
> used for about
> a month prior to construction. If you can:  a) rotate the panels a
> couple-a-times and   b) "press" them by putting some weight
on
> top, than all
> the better...
>
> Paul G.

> Finding a sweetheart is hard work. Shopping for one shouldn't be.
> Click here for Valentine Surprises!

> -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1

Unique Valentine gifts, available now at eGroups.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1146/3/_/2065/_/949667305/

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1