Re: Farenheight 451

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Farenheight 451
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:47:36 -0000

> Hi,
>
> Most of you will know that 451F is the temperature at which paper
burns...
> but what is is for wood? - I know it's an odd question but the reason
I'm
> asking is that it's harder to work with metal that wood and I'm
looking at
> putting (effectively) a PC in a wooded case, something like the size
of a
> standard VCR - I just don't want a fire! Is this a practical option?
> Although I'm lucky enough to have a wife that doesn't mind too much
about
> the black boxes and electronic equipment all over the place sometimes
its
> nice to hide things away. It also means less worries about any
> circuits/wires comming into contact with the case. In essence would
any of
> you risk it?
>
> Andy

The steel box also provides a screen, which you still might have to provide
inside your wood box, you may find that the PC will generate interference
which could affect other AV equipment near by.

John

Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1158/3/_/2065/_/949661617/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1