Re: X10 lamp modules

Keith,

> Why change the bulbs to lower wattages?
> If you use the higher wattage bulbs but run them at 60 -70%
> brightness they
> will last virtually forever. Many commercial buildings run lights at
> slightly below full power and double the life of the lamps.
> The savings
> they make on service costs are huge.

Your cost savings don't take into account the overhead of replacing
standard light switches with dimmer switches. Aside from the fact I've
yet to find dimmers I like - X10 one is ugly and expensive, we want a
large rotary dial that is push on/off), the main lights that would
benefit happen to be 2 way, so I don't suppose you can dim them?

However, that's a really good idea for the few X10 lamp module
controlled lights we do have. Doh! Especially since I can set Comfort to
handle the dimming when we switch them on...

Ray.

Shop for your Valentine at eGroups!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1157/3/_/2065/_/949659408/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/