Re: Farenheight 451

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Farenheight 451
  • From: "Ian Wright" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:36:04 -0000

The majority of our work desks are made from wood and house alot more
electronics and powers supplies than the average PC.  As long as the main
HOT components are not sitting alongside the wood and there is enough
ventillation then a wooden box should be fine.

Make sure that the wood is nice and dry first or the heat from inside will
warp and buckle the wood once it starts to dry out.

I plan to use wood  for my 19" racking under the stairs and house all
my
boxes in this.

Ian

> Hi,
>
> Most of you will know that 451F is the temperature at which paper
burns...
> but what is is for wood? - I know it's an odd question but the reason
I'm
> asking is that it's harder to work with metal that wood and I'm
looking at
> putting (effectively) a PC in a wooded case, something like the size
of a
> standard VCR - I just don't want a fire! Is this a practical option?
> Although I'm lucky enough to have a wife that doesn't mind too much
about
> the black boxes and electronic equipment all over the place sometimes
its
> nice to hide things away. It also means less worries about any
> circuits/wires comming into contact with the case. In essence would
any of
> you risk it?
>
> Andy
>

> **************************** DISCLAIMER *****************************
>
> This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
> it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
> Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
> kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

> Love. Relationships? E - Commerce!

> -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1

Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1150/3/_/2065/_/949657746/