Re: Found it! - MP3 hardware add-on

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Found it! - MP3 hardware add-on
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:23:03 GMT

Actually, there is an "Auto PC" specification, which is what I
was referring
to. This is (couldn't you have guessed?) a Microsoft invention, which
specifies a CE 2.0 based PC in a standard DIN-sized in-dash unit, with
voice
recognition for input and control, various system navigation keys
(including
the windows "Start" button), a numeric keypad, a 256x64 screen
with 8
colours, 8MB RAM, 8MB ROM, 60 MIPS or higher CPU, IrDA port, USB port, CF
slot, Serial port, AM/FM tuner, 4 or 6 channel pre-amp, and a CDROM drive
for data or audio discs. (among other things!)

Now, with one of these little babies, all you need is an MP3 player that
runs under Win CE, and CD-R choc-full-o MP3 files, and Bob's yer anties
live-in lover!

Anybody got one of these?

Paul G.

http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/949339398/