Re: Found it! - MP3 hardware add-on

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Found it! - MP3 hardware add-on
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:32:13 GMT

I don't know, like I said, I haven't tried it - I just remember seeing some
reports on a couple of websites that suggested it's possible to resample
the
MP3 back to WAV to burn onto a CD - All that I can follow just fine, no
problem. - but I'm less sure about the accuracy of the suggestion that the
resultant WAV's are still small - I think they's HAVE to be resampled at
the
standard frequency & resolution (16 bit 44.1KHz) in order to be CD
Audio
compatible, so I reckon that it would just rebuild the original WAV file. I
kinda tend to think that it's not possible to put the compressed audio on a
CD, 'cos if it were possible, it would be OH SO convenient, and life's not
like that!!

But, I'm going to try it just in case....

Paul G.

>From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Found it! - MP3 hardware add-on
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:50:03 +0000
>

>At 13:35 31/01/00 GMT, you wrote:
> >enough. Then - CD's for the car, with 200-odd tracks on, in the
same
>quality
> >as MP3....
>
>Unless I'm missing something _big_ here (it's happened before, and will
>happen again!), you won't be able to have compressed audio and play it
in
>the car CD player, whatever steps you take.
>
>Were you referring to putting a CD-ROM drive in the car, and an
embedded PC
>host instead?  That would work- a 386 to send the CD data to this lp3
>thingummy.
>
>Nigel

>Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
>You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign
>up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
>
>eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
>http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/949329538/

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1