IR Tx & Rx boards ready a la Nigel's circuit

  • To: "Ukha" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IR Tx & Rx boards ready a la Nigel's circuit
  • From: "Ian B" <I.Bird@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:55:13 -0000

OK everyone. I now have a variety of PCB configurations for Nigel's IR
transmitter and/or receiver. I was most impressed with the current crop of
final prototypes. After soldering and connecting they all worked first
time.
Essentially I have two boards.

1) The type requested by James where the transmitter and receiver are on
the
one PCB designed to fit comfortably into a wall socket and
2) A much smaller version of the transmitter and receiver circuits
(separate
PCB's) to fit into whatever comes to hand.

Specific mods can be accommodated without problem within the limits of home
production and the ARES lite package I have used e.g. drilled hole sizes,
track thickness etc.

At the moment connectors are the solder on screw type similar to those
found
on the HomeVision boards. I have not tried any other connectors as I a)
don't have any and b) haven't got the crimp tools even if I did have some.

As promised, I am not doing this for money so a couple of quid for the
finished, fluxed but NOT drilled boards will do nicely - postage included.
The board will probably have rough edges as well unless I get a Dremel or
similar for Xmas. I will also knock up a diagram saying which resistor etc.
is which. James is testing my skills here over Xmas/new year.

I have attached a pdf showing the boards at 200% as I get them on PCB and
in
full colour. For the PCB's I then just cut them up and post them off. Only
the copper tracks and mirror writing (correct way round on the board of
course) are on the boards. All the rest is for help during assembly.

If anyone can give me circuit diagrams for any mods like polarity
protection, feedback loop prevention  or whatever I would be more than
happy
to incorporate these.

I have enjoyed doing this so lets hope you guys can use them somewhere.

Ian

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/977493335/

IR6tx all.pdf