TV co-ax question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: TV co-ax question
  • From: "Campbell" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:14:54 -0000

I am considering siting my analogue sky decoder and possibly (if I can convince my wife) a digital decoder in the loft, along with a modulation box for my cctv. I also have a 4 tv amplifier box. I will be using ct100 from dish to decoders, standard co-ax runs from loft to bedrooms.

The questions are :

1.  Is the standard co-ax from loft to bedrooms sufficient (the lounge cable will be near impossible to replace without damaging wall). If I grovel enough and permitted to get sky I will have to run the cable a longer routing from the loft.

2.    The analogue will take one channel, digital another, modulator another, as well as the 5 terrestrial channels. Will putting these units in line
a/    degrade digital signal
b/     degrade nicam signal
c/     cause any other problems.

3.    Is the optimum signal from the decoders via the scart, I intend to route this to a cat 5 patch panel which can then be linked to vcr's, i.e. one or two for security, one for recording.

4.    I am hoping to control this lot by using Nigel's IR extender with 3-6 input locations and two outputs, i.e. inputs 1 per room, outputs 1 loft for sky decoders and 1 for videos. This presumes all videos and decoders use different IR codes. Can anyone foresee any problems in this setup which I should consider, i.e. Will it work?.

I have purchased 2 colour PIR cctv kits from homebase at £39.99 each and 1 B&W PIR cctv kit at £34.99. This is for setting up at my elderly in laws 1 off and of course another 1 for me, just in case.

I am still working on SWMBO approval for another TM12U. Does anyone have comments on this or should I pursue the IR543 multi house code route. Has anyone came across a multi housecode vesion of TM12 or similar............

Campbell

If the whole world smiles
is it a Universal Beam :-)

eGroups Sponsor