Re: Philips Pronto TSU-2000 Review

Is it a licensing issue as to why they didn't use the IR DB with the UK
Spec
one ?

I was told that it was "US specific" which I replied to Philips
as being
total cr*p. How for instance does a Sony 850 DVD player's IR codes differ
from a UK one ? They don't. The guy from Philips Holland is going to come
and see me in Jan so I should know more then (I'm also hoping he brings a
colour Pronto to accidently forget to take back to Holland...)

And do you know if it possible to get at the New IR DB with Prontoedit ?

Apparently not. I heard it was hardcoded into the TS2000, HOWEVER I read on
RC that someone had managed to blank the database off their TS2000 somehow
(by accident), so it remains to be seen...

The ability too get access to clean IR codes and discrete IR codes sounds
fantastic.

Indeed it does

Mike

> The RU940 as it will be known here will launch exclusively from Let's
> Automate in Jan 01. We will sell it exclusively in the UK for
> three months.
> The price is £260. The RU940 differs from the TS2000 in that
> it does NOT
> have the IR database and therefore more free RAM.
>
> We are concerned that the price is so much more and therefore
> have taken all
> of Philips stock of the 1mb RU890 as it seems better value
> for money, and
> next to no one needs the extra RAM
>
> The colour Pronto, by the way, will launch Apr/Jun 01 with an
> estimated
> price of £650
>
> Mike
> www.letsautomate.com

Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may
be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
it to the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to
anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software.

Thank you.
Information Technology Department
Belfast City Hospital Trust