RE: Keith's KAT5s

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Keith's KAT5s
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:16:57 -0000

There are several reasons for that.....

1. I have an interview for promotion at work on Monday and I have been
spending time preparing for that.

2. Loads of work at the "proper job" meaning a fair bit of
overtime.

3. STILL waiting for Farnell to send me a catalogue after asking 3 times.
Maybe it is out of print at the moment. :-(

The reason I need a catalogue is to find a suitable chip to replace the one
I was using. Maplin discontinued it, and one other which looked suitable is
out of stock everywhere. However I have just found what looks like a
suitable replacement and Farnell have it in stock. I will be ordering some
samples tomorrow to test it in the design before sending off the PCB
artwork
to have the boards made.

James Hoye has seen the finished prototype boards and they work really
well.
Having said that I spent about 2 hours tonight trying to determin what was
causing some strange patterning and colour splodges on one of my TV's. The
circuit was being fed over about 50 metres of CAT5 cable and I tried many
different tests to locate the problem. It turned out to be the SCART lead
plugged into the TV.....it was a crap unscreened lead that I had picked up
from somewhere and it would have shown patterning even with just a VCR
connected to the TV. Replaced the lead with a better quality one and I am
now watching Sky Digital upstairs in the bedroom in glorious stereo with
crystal clear pictures rather than the Mono RF signal we usually watch.

As soon as I get the new chips and confirm that they are OK, I will be
getting the boards made.

Keith

Click here for more details:
http://click.egroups.com/1/10801/1/_/2065/_/976929503/