RE: Digital Telephones

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Digital Telephones
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:42:13 -0000

I've got a Diverse ISDN (In fact I bought the Siemens Gigaset 2060 from
Germany at half the price - same product but with German mains plugs and
German manuals). My brother has one two with 7 extensions dotted around the
house. The only drawback is that you can't use any of the advanced features
on Home Highway such as call waiting and hold which allows you to hold the
calls at the exchange rather than tying up one of your channels. The only
way to get 'advanced' ISDN features is to order the business variant of
ISDN
2e. For voice it enables me to handle a total of four calls simultaneously
-
though I've only ever got up to three.

Although it isn't documented by BT it is possible to connect a SIEDLE door
entry system to one of the analogue ports. I've got all the documentation
(and have done it) if that interests you.

I can't find any answerphones which work properly with the analogue socket,
but have an ISDN card installed in my PC and use ISDNcid to answer multiple
MSNs (two voice, one fax).

HTH

Tim.

eGroups eLerts