Re: Door Sensors

See below for comments
> >My door frames have just arrived and will be going in
> >some time in the near future so I thought that I'd see
> >if it was worth getting sensors installed in them.

> >If I do decide to install any sensors, has anybody got any
> >recommendations on particular makes/types?

I would recommend installing flush quick fit type which require a 20mm hole
to flush them in. These are easily remove and changed if required at a
later
date. Don't install them in the top of an external door due to possible
water ingress. Install them any where on the leading edge. (the edge with
the lock in!)

>>Andrew at Comfort reckoned door sensors are inherently
>>unreliable and easily defeated, so perhaps best not relied on for
security

I don't agree, we often do system take overs 25 years old and the only part
of the system which has never given trouble are the contacts. Flush type
are
harder to defeat than surface contact, however if your worried about
security being deffeded (unlikly in a domestic alarm system!) you can buy
double reed switch contacts which are impossible to defeat with a magnet as
they are of opposing magnetic poles connected in series. We pay around
£0.27p each (per 1000) don't pay any more than a pound each as they are
only
a reed switch and magnet.

Mark J

eGroups eLerts