Re: ISDN 64K vs 128K and ISPs

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ISDN 64K vs 128K and ISPs
  • From: ccwilliams@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:36:17 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Graham Howe" <graham@s...> wrote:
> Not had any experience with BT as an ISP, but I do use Freeserve
over ISDN
> and they have completely prevented both 128K and 2 x 64K connections
>from
> the same number. I get the impression that every ISP that is
actually
> attempting to remain in business is having to ditch the free access
or at
> least curtail it significantly. However I still find the fact that I
can
> surf and make phone calls at the same time to be very useful, so I
don't
> regret going with ISDN.
>
> Graham

I agree, one of my reasons for going with ISDN was that I didn't wan't
to tie the phone up when browsing.  But I thought it would
occasionally be usefull to use 128K.  I would have thought that they
(the ISPs) could at least give you one channel for free and charge for
the other.  If you can't do 2x64K either ISDN will loose a lot of its
appeal.  Seems strange that BT is trying to sell HomeHighway and yet
their own ISP can't support it, at least not in an advantageous way.
Oh well, I will just have to do big downloads overnight!

Cheers,

Chris

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/976912584/