Re: Some nice stuff on Scan today...

Well the specific  today only offer on the disc drive isn't that great
which was my main point.....but really it pays to shop around and get
the best deals/offers available...I have had 'stock' problems with
both Dabs and scan in the past even though they have both told me
everything on my order is in stock...I guess they aren't going to turn
down business ;)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:47:36 -0000, you wrote:

>I ordered two motherboard bundles (one 700 Duron and one 1000 Athlon),
one
>46Gb disk, one quiet PSU and one 256Mb PC133 and postage is only about
=A3=
15
>for the lot. With the Athlon bundle at DABS I would have paid =A3145
for t=
he
>processor, =A396 for the board, =A351 for the memory, =A38 for the fan
(th=
ough I
>don't think this is the same one), total of =A3300 compared with the
=A326=
9 I
>paid. 256Mb PC133 at Dabs is =A3119, I paid =A387. Duron bundle is
about =
=A38
>cheaper at Scan, Hard disk is =A34 cheaper and Dabs have no quiet PSUs,
th=
eir
>normal 300W one is =A320. Also very few of the items are in stock at
Dabs
>although scan are delivering everything tomorrow. Finally the Pine
CD/MP3
>player is =A3145 at Dabs without any free CDR's, I know this because I
>received one from Dabs yesterday, unfortunately Scan did not have them
on
>offer when I ordered it on Sunday.
>
>Looking at the page today, I would say that there are some very good
>bargains, also they tend to have stock of the things that are on offer.
>would agree that Scan prices are not generally better than others but
some
>of their today only offers are certainly at very good prices, far
>outweighing the cost of shipping.
>
>I saved =A375 today compared with Dabs, if I had bought the CD player
too =
then
>I would have saved =A391 on an order total of about =A3700, even adding
on
>shipping that is a 10% saving.
>
>Graham

then...

>> >Still trying to get through on the phone to order a 46GB
>> drive though...
>> >
>> >Paul G.

>> one, and took

>> for an external

>> >Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
>http://explorer.msn.com

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/976830774/