Re: Homeseer Phone Switch

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Homeseer Phone Switch
  • From: Vince <vince@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 01:15:09 +0000

Here's the results of my first test of the Phone Switch in the UK.

1) Use internal phone and press #, box rings modem and modem answers as
internal call. Looks good so far.
2) Use mobile and dial phone home number, modem rings and answers as
internal call. CID data to modem OK. External call to my home rings as two
short rings, a pause and then another two short rings. Phones don't ring as
jumper is on and call was answered on the second ring.
3)Set hsp to monitor CID, phone from mobile, modem rings and gets CID,
modem keeps on ringing but not the phones and no CID on the phones. Jumper
still on.
4) Removed jumper and did the above test again, still the phones don't ring
and they don't get any CID.
5) Phoned from an internal phone, while on-line to hsp phoned from mobile,
internal phone beeps, pressed hook twice on internal phone, call connected
to my mobile.
6) Connected phone to modem socket on box, phoned from mobile, still the
phones don't ring and no CID on phone but the modem works OK here. The
phones are DECT (digital radio) so the ringing issue could be due to this,
will need to try a normal phone (need to buy one first).
7) Connected a CID box to phone connection, CID data sent OK. Connected
modem here too, modem gets CID and rings. So looks like a compatibility
problem with the DECT phones. Put the jumper back on and the modem misses
the first two rings.

Conclusions: My UK rings are the same as the box's rings so all calls are
internal (What rings do others get?). My DECT phones seem to be a problem
but hopefully normal ones will work OK. So it's nearly there.

Vince

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/976583649/