Firewall on ICS/NAT clients

  • To: "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Firewall on ICS/NAT clients
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:09:03 -0000

I've just been looking through some of the FAQs on the ZoneAlarm web site,
and they recommend installing Zonealarm on NAT clients, as well as the ICS
gateway. Is this really necessary? I thought one of the benefits of NAT is
that client machines are invisible to the outside world.

On another note, BT finally got around to installing an analogue line
yesterday so I've put my order in for ADSL. I finally plumped for
Madasafish.com (the consumer arm of iomart.com). The price is the same as
OpenWorld, but it comes with a fixed IP and no ports are blocked at their
end. In addition, if you move during the first 12 months, the connection
can
be transferred to the new address on payment of a further installation
charge. With OpenWorld, all outstading rentals are due!

Tim.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/976295272/