BT help please

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: BT help please
  • From: "Campbell" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:07:45 -0000

If nayone can aqdvise I would be grateful... My mother and father in law's telephone is dead... i.e. if you phone them it rings out on your phone but not on their phone also, if you lift their phone there is no dialtone, in fact there is nothing.

I have tried different phones to no avail. BT have said they will charge ~£70 if they come out and find the fault is in the house...as their engineer removed the master components to make it a slave socket and relocated the master. This is not good. My in laws are elderly and cannot afford this charge, we have said we will pay it if required, but they won't have it.

I know a few of you guys are very knowledgeable on the telephone front, if you could advise some tests (armed with multimeter). I know only two wires fedd into the house and think I have located them, but what next

thanks
Campbell

Campbell

If the whole world smiles