RE: UKHA - The Christmas meet???

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: UKHA - The Christmas meet???
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:31:48 -0000

I thought Glasgow was a most confusing city ... I only went up to see the
guy who was selling the projector but given that it was a 900 mile round
trip I went up on the Saturday, stayed the night and drove back the next
day.

On the Saturday I went into "town" for a look around, there I
found more
people sitting in shop doorways that I usually see in London, I had more
people come up to me asking for money for a cup of tea than I have ever had
before. (I look a scruff too so it's not like I was walking around like
some
loaded Southerner.) At the same time as this I saw some guy bottom out an
Aston Martin Vantage over a raised pedestrian crossing and a brand new
Ferrari parked at the side of the road directly under some scaffolding
where
a building was being renovated. Quite a lot of contrasts. Oh yeah ... and
the one that made me grin ... I saw this absolutely stunning young lass
walking along with her mates, absolutely drop dead gorgeous. She was
stuffing her face with chips from a greasy bag and shouting at her freinds
for nicking all the f****g sauce. You just wouldn't see that around here.

None of that is a criticism of Glasgow but just an idea of the contrasts
that I saw and which stuck in my mind in - what - the two or three hours
that I was wandering around there.

Phil