Re: [OT]Proxy Software with multiple dialup numbers

There is another side to the Anti Virus thing, Calum:

We were one of the many site bitten by McAfee's splendid 4.0.1 Dat file...
the nice automated distrib system dutifully passed the up to date virus
signatures around the organisation (1600 Pcs to be precise) which all went
to 100% util and locked up.

Problem being, the scan engine wasn't updating because we use a locked down
desktop (our users are not local admins) However, the management console
was
reporting a succesful update each time.

When the Anti-virus software does everything a real virus would to your
system, what's the benefit? At least you don't pay an annual licence for
Melissa ;)

Please don't take this as a suggestion to not use AV software, but make
sure
you use one which uses a quarantined, two stage distribution model, like
CA's Innoculate IT.

Ian

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/975718923/