Re: Fwd: RE: Phone Switch

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: Phone Switch
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:37:30 -0000

>You'll have to let me know the results, Paul. I am interested in
getting a
>phone switch, but have been worried about compatibility over here...

Likewise, but at least with their excellent policy of "try it &
see" (and
return it if it doesn't) then at least the cost of the switch itself is a
no-risk investment. (still lose the cost of shipping though!)

>a question....do you find you have to format your caller id settings in
HSP
>beta in the format 015-1-9-99 9999 (or something like that!)?

My caller ID is a sore point at the moment, as I have determined that my
modem (Hayes Accura 56K speakermodem) is piss-poor at reliably retriving
it.
- the modem will frequently just "stop doing" caller ID - (I
monitored it's
output with hyperterm for a few days).

When the modem is working, I don't do anything special to the format. it is
initially reported in the log in US format, IE "07801 123456" is
reported
as: 078-01-123456, but it matches up to an entry in my phonebook OK (which
is entered as: 07801123456) - note NO formatting, which is then announced
by
name. That's all I'm doing with it at the moment...

Paul G.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/975713912/