RE: widescreen

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: widescreen
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:04:15 -0000

I looked at Plasma screens too ... my fiancee thought they were
"nice" but
almost died at the price (and I didn't tell her that the only one I even
came close to liking was the 50" Pioneer!). The thing is I built up
the rest
of my kit when I had the original Barco SV and since getting rid of it I
find that a 28" 4:3 TV is just drowned in the "size" of the
audio that I
have.

I must admit that I put my foot down when we moved into the house a few
months ago and insisted that the AV systems was laid out symmetrically (or
as near as possible) even though that means that the TV is partly in front
of the French dors in the living room.

(This just means that if my missus grumbles about it I simply remind her
that the quicker I can get her final signoff on me converting the garage -
currently a kids playroom / junk room - into my AV room then the quicker
she'll be rid of all my bits.)

Phil