RE: widescreen

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: widescreen
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:27:43 -0000

The SV was video only (and about 1980 vintage) and has long since been
retired.

I now have an NEC P6Extra (which has a wonderful feature called point
convergence which I won't bore you with but which I think is amazing and
makes accurate setup dog easy) which is being driven at 1,365 x 1,024 on a
16:9 screen of 6ft width (i.e. anamorphic). The feed is generated by a
TView
Quadscan (www.TView.com) which runs out at about £1,750 but performs all
appropriate scaling of video (i.e. 4:3 into the centre of a 16:9 screen)
and
leaves the projector only requiring one set up.

Phil