RE: widescreen

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: widescreen
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:08:22 -0000

AH !

PROPER widescreen :-)

<RANT MODE ON>

Not like all these "Shortscreen" TV's in the shops.

I am used to the height of the picture on my 4:3 28" Mitsubish and
would
expect widescreen to be the same height but WIDER. Even a 32" WS set
is an
inch shorter :-(

When you go to the cinema the picture is always floor to ceiling but gets
wider.

And as for paying 10K for a 16:9 Plasma screen only to have 4K's worth of
plasma covered with black bars because the movie companies are making films
wider than 16:9. ARRRRRGH !!

</RANT MODE OFF>

Keith

eGroups eLerts