Re: MP3 Encoding - Tags???

> The quality seems ok at 128K through the PC and also the TV
downstairs.
> However, when I finally run an audio feed down to the Stereo
downstairs I
> will really know.  (and I will be pisses if I have to re encode!)

I have a good quality amp and floor standing speakers in the study so while
I don't profess to be any kind of audiophile I am able to hear a quality
difference between 128 and 192.  With 30 gigs now costing around 100 + VAT
the difference in file size is not a big issue.

When I bought my first PC - 486SX25 - it came with 120 meg harddrive.  The
shop had what looked like a breigh block sitting on one of the desks, it
was
a 1 Gig drive and was for sale at 1,200 quid!

> I am now using the option within MMJ to error correct.  This has had
the
> effect of bringing the ripping speed down from 4.8x to 1.1 to 1.6x.

I downloaded MusicMatch Jukebox last night and ripped a few CDs with it at
192.  Very nice.  Very fast.

M.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/975490138/