RE: Embedded PC's

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Embedded PC's
  • From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <andyb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:27:12 -0000

My PC based MP3 player uses two LP3s (http://lp3music.com).  These plug into
parallel ports and have dedicated processors to play the mp3s.  The main
cpu
doesn't really get involved, so you never have jumps and starts.

I have the LP3 line-outs going into a passive mixer and back into the
line-in of my sound blaster (so I can control volume).  I have two so I can
fade-in/fade-out one track after another.

I see no reason why you couldn't have multiples of these as long as you can
stick in multiple parallel ports.

Andy