RE: IR Transmitter boards.

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Transmitter boards.
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:16:30 -0000

> >As it's pretty easy to fry a 555, can I suggest (if
> possible) you make
> >provision for a diode  to offer some protection?
>
> No problem - just send the circuit mods and I will
> incorporate them. I can't
> claim to understand exactly how it works yet but I'm game.

I can't generate any diagrams - I loaded Eagle stuff on my machine and a
couple of days later NT decided it was going to corrupt my registry.  Until
I reinstall everything, I'm stuck with a crappy laptop with no space to
install useful stuff.  Maybe Nigel/Keith can generate an image.

> >Screw terminals (like alarm panels) would be OK I'd have thought.
> >https://catalogue.maplin.co.uk/Pictures/20/3/97NE01B.JPG
> Screw terminals would work fine but they would make the board
> bigger - what
> do you think?

Something that doesn't require special crimping tools would be best.

> Cost should not be a issue - also depends whether you want
> them drilled or
> not. This was the worst bit on the prototype prototype (OK, I
> broke it! (the
> board track not the drill)). As I said this is not a
> commercial exercise.
> Just a learning experience for me and some fun.

If drilling, then the pitch should match the connectors.  I don't know (I
assume there are) if there are standard pitches for connectors.  Obviously
everyone doesn't necessarily have access to a M*****s.  You could always
sell the board and connectors as a kit for a small amount to cover costs
(are you near a M*********?).

> Lastly, how would you like them housed and is size an issue?
> Looks like
> custom requirements aren't going to be a problem!

I'm intending to house the receiver in a 25mm single gang metal box, and
the
transmitter could either go in this box too or a 1 or 2 gang 25-47mm
plastic
box in the loft.  As long as it fits in one of these I'm going to be happy!

James H

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/3/_/2065/_/974992204/