Bad Sales Service in the UK.

  • To: sales@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Bad Sales Service in the UK.
  • From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:05:35 +0000

To whom it may concern.

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying in vain to purchase various 1-wire
devices from your listed suppliers in the UK. All I want is 1 DS9097U-009
and 5 DS18S20's.

One of the suppliers (Azzurri) always seems to be undergoing a system
upgrade when I call, so can't process my order, they can however tell me
that they have none of the DS9097U's in stock and the next expected
delivery is in 6 MONTHS!!!

One of the other two (DT Electronics) told me they didn't have any in stock
either, and didn't know when they would be getting any, and the third
(Insight) promised me a quote via email, and despite repeated phone calls
and promised return calls it still hasn't arrived.

I started this email last Friday, and it has been sitting in my draft pile
waiting for the outcome of todays conversation with Insight, and I am
sending it because I am still not happy.

I have ordered 1 DS9097U-009 & 10 DS18B20's. I ordered more than I
intended
because I was told that if I wanted to order any more I would have to order
in quatities of 500!! Now electronics is only one of my hobbies, so there's
no chance of me ever needing that many.

Considering the amount of trouble I have gone through to get these simple
(and I would have thought your most popular products) it doesn't fill me
with confidence when I want to upgrade my system further down the line and
I have to struggle with the suppliers to get quotes, and face quantities in
the hundreds, when I really only need 10's

To sum up :

* Purchasing Dallas 1-wire products in the UK is not simple.
* Using Dallas 1-wire products in any hobby projects is not a
viable solution due to the limits placed by UK suppliers.

,,,
(o o)
Stuart Grimshaw         www.schoolsnet.com          sg@xxxxxxx
Special Projects Developer                            t: 07976 625221
Schoolsnet LTD             .oooO  Oooo.               f: 0870 7060260
\_)  (_/

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/3/_/2065/_/974736676/