Re: Beckoned by the dark side!

> Make your mind up. ;)

Simply meant use what you like, not what someone else tells you to like.

> SuSE 7 does have a big friendly graphical installer. Fortunately the
kludgy
> text based one that I know and love is still  there ;)

That wonderful graphical installer [yast2 requiring 48Mb RAM] doesn't
work on my 48Mb system :-( and text based one [yast] crashes during file
copying ..... sob

> > in the immortal words of GNU/Linux
> >
> > shutdown -h now
>
> Gah, that's far too much typing. You want "init 0" ;)

nah, what I normally use is

su root shutdown -h now "System is going down now"

I like to give my friends some warning of the shutdown, even if it is
happening when they get the message ;-)

Calum
eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/3/_/2065/_/974731377/