RE: (ukha_d) ct 100 cable and Sky digi boxes

  • To: c.macd@xxxxxxx, ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) ct 100 cable and Sky digi boxes
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 9:21:18 +0000

Steer clear of the Amstrad boxes - my installer (and Anne Robinson for that
matter!) both say that these boxes break down more often, and are subject
t=
o a
fixed charge of =A3140 to repair, due to the lack of spares available.

A colleague of mine did specify to Sky that he wanted a Panasonic, and got
=
Grundig, so I s'pose that's marginally better!

I did read on this list that Sony were bring a digibox out with a digital
o=
ut
for audio, and allegedly Sky were going to supply these - I'd go for the
So=
ny
given the choice...

Pete