Re: WEB Site published on an ADSL connection

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WEB Site published on an ADSL connection
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:14:41 GMT

Eh?

>I've just setup a Web server on my work machine for you guys to try
>connecting too. I'm currently testing the £40 per month USB Business
ADSL

Now I'm confused! - £40 "business" ADSL?? - whats the difference
between £40
"business" and £40 "home" ADSL? - is there any? - both
USB, both £40. How do
they differ?

>connection before I roll it out to our users for surfing (I have been
>since early Sept but just not got round to letting anyone else have it
>yet).
>
>I have successfully connected to it from another machine on our Lan
thro'
>our firewall + leased line.

Now I'm even more confused? - Are both machines at work? on the same LAN? -
Are you saying that from one machine on the LAN, you go OUT to the internet
through the leased line, then back INTO the webserver on the same LAN via
it's ADSL connection?? (or am I missing the point?)

If that's the scenario, are you SURE you're taking that route?, have you
done a TRACERT between the two machines? are they on different subnets? is
there a route between those subnets on the LAN?

>This should show that you can publish a web site fine with BTOW.

To prove it, you could post the URL here, and we could all try..... :-)