Re: LD10/11 and LM12U

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:14:04 +0000, you wrote:

>What is the difference between LD10 and LD11?
I got the latest version of Dan Lancini's x10d (a CM12U driver) and
ported it to Linux to test my new shiny LD11's support for Extended
X10.

Basically, any change in level (by switch contacts or x10) is
'smoothed'; it changes to the new level over a couple of seconds. This
is very nice to watch, and useful for smooth gradual dimming effects.

I've got a partially written up report on x10d and LD11's, but as it's
not on the WWW yet here's the relevant bit below. The summary is it
supports preset dim, but not status requests which is a pity.

Please ignore the x10d commands- these are what I would use to
generate the extended x10. You choice of controller is probably easier
to program, but less flexible!

James

_LD11_
LD11 supports 'Professional x10'  or extended commands and features
soft switching (smooth dimmed transitions between light levels).
It does not reply to status requests.

It does support extended all on and off:

./x10 ALLUNITSON or t51a24
X A24 1 2 1 63 51 Unit: 1 Extended all units on Wed Oct 18 07:59:02
2000
./x10 XALLUNITSOFF or t52a24
X A24 1 2 1 63 52 Unit: 1 Extended all units off Wed Oct 18 07:59:14
2000
Extended preset dimming works fine using multiple x10d fields to build
up the command:
./x10 u15 v63 t49 a24 or ./x10 u15 v00 preset
X 1 2 15 63 49 Unit: 15 Preset level 63 Thu Oct 19 19:55:45 2000
./x10 u15 v00 t49 a24 or ./x10 u15 v63 preset
X A24 1 2 15 0 49 Unit: 15 Preset level 0 Thu Oct 19 19:55:52 2000
The LD11 has smooth dimming so 'normal' on/off commands or the switch
input slowly dimm the load between light levels over a couple of
seconds. Going between extended dim preset values normally operates
the same, however going from 0 (off) to 63 (full on) is instantaneous.
A fix for this is to go from 0 to 62, then to 63.
Note the following 'Normal' and 'Professional' commands have the same
results.

./x10 a15 aon  & ./x10 u15 v63 preset
./x10 a15 aoff & ./x10 u15 v00 preset
Sadly the LD11 does not reply to standard x10 Status Request (32) nor
to Extended Professional Request Output Status (command 0x37 55, data
0x00).
./x10 a15a32
X A15 16384 2 Unit 15 Thu Oct 19 21:14:53 2000
X A32 16384 2 Status Request Thu Oct 19 21:14:53 2000
./x10 u15 v00 t55 a24
X A24 16384 2 15 0 55 Unit: 15 Request output status Thu Oct 19
21:15:49 2000
It also does not seem to send a Request Output Status after powerup.
Group and Lifestype programming has not been tried with this module.

---
James Derrick    james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, Near Newcastle, England
Forwarding Service: jderrick@xxxxxxx
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/3/_/2065/_/974318288/