RE: Nigel's IR transmitter - some questions from a begin ner about to bu ild one.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Nigel's IR transmitter - some questions from a begin ner about to bu ild one.
  • From: "Ian" <I.Bird@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:46:46 -0000

You're right. I turned the IR LED round and hey presto it all worked as
designed. The next task is to etch the board and build it and see if it
works. All the LED's are alive and well which only leaves me one capacitor
down on the weekends fun. Oh ye, the bit that fooled me was the long leg
was
negative (I think). I also learnt that you can test LED's with a diode
tester and find this out.

Ian