RE: OT: W2k ICS vs. Linux masquerading

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: W2k ICS vs. Linux masquerading
  • From: "Henderson, Darren" <Darren.Henderson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:43:08 -0000

> What is the minimum "realistic" spec for running ICS on
WinME
> or Win2000 ?
>
> ATM I have
>
> PR200 64M speedway ISDN card Win98SE
> PR233MX 64M connects via Ingition TA Win98SE
> AMD K6-2-400 64M connects via Ignition TA Win98SE

Your problem will be the memory, Im running my win2K box (So is Mark) on a
Pentium 233 however I HAD to upgrade the memory to at least 128M for half
decent performance (Engage Linux filter, for impending low spec Linux
configurations  :o)  ). I am however running HomeSeer, IIS 5, Homewatcher,
PHP extensions, MySQL server and a few other things. If you were JUST going
to run ICS on the Win2K box then you might get away with 64M, however as
with anything from Microsoft you can never have too much memory.

Just like to point out I have NOTHING against Linux, in fact quite the
opposite, but My main reason for using Win2K is thats where my skillbase
is,
and most of the software I wanted to run only comes in Win32 flavour.

> Thanks
>
> Keith

Darren

Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may
be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
it to the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to
anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software.

Thank you.
Information Technology Department
Belfast City Hospital Trust