Re: LD10/11 and LM12U

> What is the difference between LD10 and LD11?

LD10s aren't really available anymore unless someone is sitting with old
stock.  LD11s are LD10s with latest firmware.  Best thing about them (I
think) is they have soft start (as well as soft off) in addition to memory
dim.  So...if you have your lights dimmed to 50% (say) and you hit the
button to turn them off they will fade to 0% over a second or 2.  Next time
you switch them on they will come on gradually from 0% back up to the
previous setting (50%).  This makes them especially useful for lighting
based on movement too.

> I bought an LD10 which seems to work well. (With memory function on
dim
level)
> Stuart Grimshaw mentioned status querying versions of LD11. Does
> anyone know if they are available? (I want to buy 15 DIN dimmers, so
> I want all the features!!)

I bought about 30 LD10s about 12 months before the LD11s hit :-(

I wouldn't hold your breathe for modules with a hail command.  You could
try
asking Mike Huggins at www.letsautomate.com as he is probably in the best
position to answer this.

> I also bought an LM12U. The idea was to use these for bedside lamps
> etc, as they can plugged into any socket. This was to avoid
> committing to 5A lamp sockets around the house.
> However the problem is it has no memory on dim level. This is a real
> pain. You set the level, turn it off, turn it back on and it comes on
> at full brightness....then you have to dim it down.
> Is there a plug type lamp dimmer with memory?

Not that I know of.

> Or can the LM12U be modified?

Dunno.

M.