RE: LW10 wall switchs v.s Lamp Modules.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: LW10 wall switchs v.s Lamp Modules.
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 15:53:55 +0000

At 15:19 07/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
>minimum load will be 100W, usually 150W, up to 500-600 in one room.

A man after my own heart, let there be light!! :-)  IIRC, 60W should be OK
for plug-in lamp modules, ISTR they are 40W minimum, I use one for a 15W
bedside lamp.  LW10's might have a higher minimum, I'm far from an expert
on X10 product lines... They might have problems at the top end (500W),
particularly with halogens, again from vague memories of discussion here.

>MS13e; a TM12 and the old fashioned RF controller.   I really need
about 20
>metres indoors to get from the back to the front of the bungalow, and
I'm
>worried that the Visonic stuff won't do this range.

Are you sure you can't run cables?  Is the loft converted?  PIRs are
usually about the easiest thing to run cables for, as they are mounted at
or near ceiling level, the problems usually occur with things which need to
be fitted near to solid (or chipboard) floors.  If you can / want to
divulge the problems that stop you running cables, someone might be able to
come up with solutions.  Of all things, you definitely want the alarm to be
reliable.

I've not used the Visonic units, but I may need to soon, to protect a
garage (until I get round to running copper to it, across a narrow right of
way etc etc), so I'd be interested to hear other folks experience with
them.

Nigel

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/3/_/2065/_/973612645/