Re: HAL2000

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: HAL2000
  • From: I.Bird@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:42:57 -0000

HAL2000 can be downloaded from www.automatedliving.com

There is a 30 days limit on the functionality but other than that it
works as is. I have this as well as HV so if you would like to know
anyuthing I will do my best to answer your questions.

I know it is very fussy about the modem you use and this is central
to how it works. They are currently developing some modems
specifically for HAL for use in the UK. There is not one available
which works here yet. There is a company in Wales who are the
official importers of HAL and they are hoping to get some soon but
how long is a piece of string. They are called quantum systems at
www.voice-recognition.co.uk

The habitek site mentioned in an earlier post is linked to them
somehow as well. I think HAL holds a lot of promise but until they
get the modem sorted it is very limited. I am down as one of the
beta testers assuming they arrive so i will keep the list up to date
but don't hold your breath!

If you would like a copy of the software on CD just let me know and
I will pop one in the post. The download is 15 Mb in secveral
smaller files. Note the bit about naming of the files otherwise is
cannot find them when it tries to install. Rename them after
download is easiest.

Ian

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/3/_/2065/_/973497465/