RE: Urgent - Time to kill, want to build IR Extender

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Urgent - Time to kill, want to build IR Extender
  • From: Robert Chasmer <robert.chasmer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:14:53 -0000

> Can't help with the spare time, but Graham has discovered another
booboo
in
> my schematic, where the visible LED is misleading if connected as
shown
> (but it shouldn't affect the IR).  Hopefully I'll get the chance to
update

> the instructions and schematic tonight.
> Open source electronics design - maybe not a shining example :-)

That would be great.  I'd like to build this transmitter circuit as well,
though I think I'll wait for Build 2 of your open source schematic.

Also in some of the earlier emails you said:
> You also need 1 receiver for each room where you want to go with the
remote.
> That's the TSOP or Sharp devices, they contain everything (IR
photodiode,
> demodulator etc) but do need a 5V supply.

I lost thinks a little here, what is the TSOP.  I would like to start off
with a single receiver and a single transmitter to test things out.  I
think
I might have to wait for the idiots guide to building these though.  I know
my way around a soldering iron, but only has far as one of them M####n self
build projects.

Thanks

Rob

--