RE: Urgent - Time to kill, want to build IR Extender

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Urgent - Time to kill, want to build IR Extender
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:21:40 -0000

> I now have all components in place and I want to test it, but
> I have one
> silly problem, how do I get 5V to the TSOP 1838. I am putting
> 12V to the
> transmitter circuit no problem, but in the absence of ac 5V
> output from the
> comfort system (not yet setup), can I convert 12V to 5V
> easily, or will 4.5V
> be sufficient (three AA batteries in series).

You need a 5v voltage regulator.  Available from M*****s for less than a
pound.  Try something like QL26D (LM78L05ACZ) for 39p...  Can't remember
exactly which one I bought, but it was similar - that reminds me - I really
must find some time to build the damn thing!!!

James H

No bidding, no
guesswork.  Just
great fares at Hotwire.