Re: Cheap CLI box?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cheap CLI box?
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:54:35 +0100

At 12:26 01/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
>No, but I did just buy a very cheap (=A39) CID unit for testing my CID
mod=
em,
>and I did briefly wonder what the LCD display is driven by, and whether
>there would be any mileage in a modification to one of these, to
disconnec=
>the LCD and replace it with a serial output....

ISTR mention of the freebie BT yellow/blue one having serial data
somewhere=
=20
in it's guts, but I've not taken mine apart (yet!).  Most of them (for
BT=20
format anyway) probably use the same Mitel chip (which is around =A35
and=20
needs not much else added to make it work, IIRC), part name is something=20
like MT8843- RS/Farnell or someone stock it?  If that is the one in your=20
CLID box, then the datasheet will probably tell you what pin has serial=20
data on it.

I've got a homebrew CLID box kicking about at home, but haven't really=20
tried it out properly... and it's someone else who homebrewed it, so I=20
can't make the schematics public- sorry.  But I can say that they are not
a=
=20
million miles from the ones in the Mitel datasheet, which is on the=20
web.  I'll try to hunt out the URL if anyone is interested in 'rolling=20
their own'.

Nigel

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/9/_/2065/_/973090672/