Re: Cheap CLI box?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:04:56 +0000, Mick Furlong wrote:

>Geoff
>
>what did you see at =A369? Did it include VAT? That seems cheaper than
>most of the devices I have seen :)

I think so and it includes postage!
They're from Concept Uk in Dunfermline.=20=20
http://www.conceptuk.btinternet.co.uk/npccall.htm

There are others around =A390-140 but this is the cheapest I've seen.

>From their website...
****
Now you can see who is calling you BEFORE you pick up the phone.
Connect our PC Caller interface to a spare serial port on your PC, and
to your telephone socket. When you receive a call, PC Caller will show
you on screen who is calling you, their telephone number, and it will
actually announce to you who it is (ie "Its that glazing salesman on
the phone again").=20

Consists of a small interface unit (2"x2"x0.5") that plugs
into a
spare serial port. It requires no external power supply, and can be
connected directly to your BT phone line socket.

Currently this product is for the U.K. only (using BT)
****

Geoff

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/9/_/2065/_/973064847/