Re: Temperature Sensing

Spend your money on the things you enjoy…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/967632143/

Nick,

If you want to use Linux, make sure you buy a DS9097U-009 Comm port
adaptor. _DONT_ get a DS9097E, they are a pain to get working under Linux,
and there are no libraries for them.

Have a look here for UK suppliers :
http://www.dalsemi.com/sales/intl_dist.html#britain

Though one of them only accepts orders over 50 quid. Maplin, Farnell etc do
stock Dallas stuff, but these others are cheaper I think. The 9097U from
Insight was the cheapest I think, about 7 quid. They don't have prices on
their website, and they needed a bit of email coaxing before they'd give me
any prices :-) I didn't get prices for 1820's so if they do quote you,
could you forward it to me also, cheers.

At 11:08 30/08/00 +0100, you wrote:

>Can someone who has played with the DS1820 temperature sensor, let me
>know what I would need to purchase to sense up to 10 temperatures using
>Linux on a bog standard PC.
>
>I've found the DigiTemp page which will allow me to get the values, but
am
>a bit confused as
>to what hardware to buy, ane the best place to source it from.
>
>All help gratefully received
>
>Thanks
>
>Nick.

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet Ltd                         Special
t: 07976 625221                        Projects
e: sg@xxxxxxx                   Developer
f: 0870 7060260
www.schoolsnet.com
"It has been claimed that a very large number of monkeys, armed with a
very
large number of typewriters, would eventually reproduce the great works of
mankind. It would appear that the internet is well on its way to proving
that wrong." - Anonymous