Re: Distributing Sky Digi

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Distributing Sky Digi
  • From: "Ewen Cameron" <ewenjc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:39:33 -0000

I use the labgear to distribute the lounge video to the bedroom, no=20
Sky or DVD at the moment :(
It works very well.  I found mine in Dixons (it looked like old stock=20
they were clearing) for 29 quid.  I was getting some interference=20
(now fixed) which seemed to be caused by the mess of cables behind my=20
video and hifi.  I've been thinking about getting their amplified=20
splitter and additional IR mice but have not had the time.  Let me=20
know how it works if you get one.
-Ewen

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Gordon"=20
<steve.gordonsolutions@v...> wrote:
> Stewart,
>=20
> Just been looking at a site that maybe what your looking for:
>=20
> http://www.labgear.co.uk/online/product/section1/sc1pd15.htm.
>=20
> Looks like it could do what your looking for.
>=20
> It only uses the existing coax network and can control remote IR as=20
well.
>=20
> Maplins have it for around the =A360 mark.
>=20
> HTH
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Steve
>=20
while it=20
gives a
> good over view (about 100 miles over) it doesn't leave much meat on=20
the
> bones.
>=20
> How does anyone else distribute Sky to other TV's in the house? The=20
Sky box
> (as you know) has scart out, and my TV upstairs does not. It would=20
also be
> nice to have the DVD player upstairs too.
>=20
> I guess what I want is some box, under the stairs that has the=20
digibox
> connected to it (there is an extra scart out socket on the digi box=20
isn't
> their, marked VCR or something.) This box would then send the=20
signal down
> normal coax to my TV upstairs, and another few outputs to wherever=20
else I
> want.
>=20
> The box would have to be remote controlled. I want to use Nigel's IR
> repeaters for this, plus 1 in the living room for the Digibox/DVD=20
player.
>=20
> I usually want to go for a homebuilt solution to avoid having to=20
convince
> Vicky, but seeing as how this task has been authorised, I might be=20
able to
> spend some.
>=20
> Stuart Grimshaw
> Schoolsnet Ltd                         Special
> t: 07976 625221                        Projects
> e: sg@s...                   Developer
> f: 0870 7060260
>                www.schoolsnet.com
> "It has been claimed that a very large number of monkeys,
armed=20
with a very
> large number of typewriters, would eventually reproduce the great=20
works of
> mankind. It would appear that the internet is well on its way to=20
proving
> that wrong." - Anonymous

Click here for Back-To-School ideas that really make the grade!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7841/9/_/2065/_/967124384/