Re: Motion Detection

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Motion Detection
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:05:39 +0100

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/9/_/2065/_/967712840/

At 17:30 29/08/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Here's something interesting I came across, if Video4Linux works with a
>Miro DC10, I think I might set this up.
>
>http://motion.technolust.cx/

Stuart, thanks for the pointer to that.  I installed it last night, it
works superbly.  I've got 2 cameras at the moment, with one normally
connected and Comfort switching over to the other one when a PIR
switches.  This fits in perfectly with that.

I've still got a couple of snags to sort out (I tried to produce a mask.ppm
file with the Gimp so it can ignore car headlights at night, saved it as
'raw' but motion didn't recognise it, I'll try 'ascii' instead, and I've
not installed the MPEG encoder tools yet), but it's running at the moment,
and working very well.

Nice one,

Nigel