Lighting control (was RE: Adverts)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Lighting control (was RE: Adverts)
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:02:54 +0100

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/9/_/2065/_/967640632/

At 13:26 30/08/00 +0100, you wrote:
>You'll probably get 4 emails back saying the same thing, but if you are
>prepared to forgo dimming, an AD10 will work with existing 3 way wiring
and

This one needs to dim... it's my landing light, I'd like it to come on
dimly at night.  It doesn't really need continuous control, just off, dim
and on.  I'd just go the unsophisticated way with a chunky diode in series
and a relay to bypass the diode, but that would probably generate a bit too
much interference...

>switches like a dream. I have my landing light wired in just such a
way.

Thanks though, I misunderstood someone else's description of the AD10, I
thought when you use normal latching switches that it ignored X10.  Which
did seem like a silly feature...

I'll have a go at the IR control some time... Smith's still had the
magazine with the PIC decoder article!

Nigel